- This event has passed.
Zips – Saturday Skill Builders
August 5, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, repeating until August 12, 2017
Two sessions 5 & 12 August 10am to 1pm $70 including zips and other consumables for samples
Oh them pesky zips! Come and learn how to be the boss of them!
In this class we will cover:
- what type of zip insertion suits your project
- where is the best place for the zip
- how to line up that waist seam and neckline horizontally
- inserting zips into stretch or bias cut garments
- inserting invisible, lap and centred zips
- hand sewn zip insertion for a couture finish
- finishing the lining behind the zip
It’s best you bring your own machine, and of course its zipper feet both standard and invisible (although I will demonstrate a hand sewn invisible zip insertion) Also a range of fabric off cuts including at least two types of woven and a sturdy knit (ponte, merino etc)
We will be making samples to create a reference resource for your future use. We won’t be inserting zips into actual garments.
If you are interested in registering for this class, or have any questions, please call the shop on 04 801 5850, or email us by clicking here, specifying the class and date.